The Best Banks in UAE for Expats
Selecting the right bank as an expatriate in Dubai is a crucial decision, as it can greatly impact your financial stability and convenience during your stay in this vibrant emirate. In 2023, the financial landscape in Dubai continues to evolve, with banks offering a diverse range of services tailored to the unique needs of expatriates.
Whether you're looking for convenient international banking, competitive interest rates, low fees, or comprehensive expat-friendly services, Dubai has several reputable banks to choose from.
Top 5 Banks in Dubai for Expats
In this guide, we present an updated list of the best banks in Dubai for expats, helping you navigate the financial options available and make informed decisions for your financial journey in the city.
- Emirates National Bank of Dubai (ENBD)
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank Dubai ADCB
- Dubai Islamic Bank
- Mashreq Bank Mashreq Bank
- First Abu Dhabi Bank
Emirates National Bank of Dubai (ENBD)
- Accessibility: ENBD branches are strategically located throughout Dubai and other parts of the UAE, including major cities and residential areas. This makes it easy for customers to find a nearby branch.
- ATMs: Many ENBD branches have ATMs located outside, allowing customers to check their account balances, withdraw cash, and perform other banking transactions 24/7.
- Friendly Staff: ENBD takes pride in its customer service. You'll find helpful and knowledgeable staff at their branches who can assist you with various banking needs, answer questions, and provide guidance.
- Digital Services: In addition to in-person services, ENBD branches are equipped with self-service kiosks and digital banking facilities to make transactions more convenient for customers.
- Branch Locator: ENBD provides an online branch locator tool on their website and mobile app, helping customers find the nearest branch to their location.
- Extended Hours: Some branches may offer extended operating hours, especially in busy areas, to accommodate the needs of customers with varying schedules.
- Services: At ENBD branches, you can open bank accounts, apply for loans or credit cards, discuss investment options, and access a range of financial services tailored to personal and business banking needs.
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank Dubai ADCB
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank, often called ADCB, is a well-known bank in Dubai and the United Arab Emirates (UAE). It's a bank that helps people manage their money, whether it's for everyday expenses, saving for the future, or starting a business.
Wide Branch Network: ADCB has a widespread network of branches and ATMs across Dubai and the UAE, making it convenient for customers to access their banking services and withdraw cash.
- Digital Banking: ADCB offers a user-friendly online banking platform and a mobile app, allowing customers to manage their accounts, pay bills, transfer money, and conduct various banking transactions from the comfort of their homes or on the go.
- Variety of Accounts: The bank provides a range of account options, including current accounts, savings accounts, and specialized accounts tailored to different customer needs, such as business accounts and expatriate accounts.
- Credit Cards: ADCB offers a selection of credit cards with various features, benefits, and reward programs to suit different spending habits and lifestyle preferences.
- Loans and Mortgages: Customers can apply for personal loans and home loans with flexible repayment options.
- Investment Services: ADCB provides investment and wealth management services, helping customers grow their wealth through investment opportunities and financial planning.
- Business Banking: The bank offers a range of business banking solutions to support the financial needs of businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Credit Facilities: ADCB extends credit facilities such as overdrafts, trade finance, and working capital financing to assist businesses in their growth and operations.
- ATM Network: With a vast network of ATMs, customers can access cash and conduct basic banking transactions conveniently at various locations throughout Dubai.
- Security: ADCB prioritizes the security of customer data and transactions, implementing advanced security measures to safeguard customer information and online transactions.
Dubai Islamic Bank
Catering to nearly 1.7 million clients, DIB provides its expanding customer community with a broadening array of creative offerings and services that adhere to Sharia principles.
- Sharia-Compliant Banking: DIB offers a complete suite of banking services in accordance with Islamic principles, ensuring that all financial transactions are interest-free and adhere to Sharia law.
- Savings and Deposits: DIB provides various savings and deposit account options, allowing customers to securely save and grow their funds while remaining Sharia-compliant.
- Financing and Loans: The bank offers Sharia-compliant financing solutions for personal, business, and real estate needs, helping customers achieve their goals without resorting to interest-based loans.
- Investment Products: DIB provides opportunities for customers to invest their money in Sharia-compliant investment products, such as Islamic mutual funds and structured investment plans.
- Wealth Management: The bank offers wealth management services to help customers effectively manage and grow their assets in accordance with Islamic principles.
- Credit Cards: DIB offers Sharia-compliant credit cards with features and benefits tailored to meet the unique needs of its customers.
- Online and Mobile Banking: DIB provides convenient digital banking services online and via mobile apps.
- International Banking: DIB offers international banking services ensuring seamless global financial transactions.
- Corporate Banking: The bank supports businesses with a range of Sharia-compliant corporate banking solutions, including working capital finance, trade finance, and treasury services.
- Islamic Insurance (Takaful): DIB provides Islamic insurance products to help customers protect their assets and mitigate risks while adhering to Sharia principles.
Also Read: Best Property Investment in Dubai
Mashreq Bank Mashreq Bank
Headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, is one of the leading and oldest privately-owned banks in the region.
Some of the services and offerings provided by Mashreq Bank include:
- Retail Banking: Mashreq Bank offers a comprehensive suite of retail banking services catering to the financial needs of individual customers.
- Wealth Management: The bank provides wealth management services through investment solutions, advisory services, and asset management.
- Corporate Banking: Mashreq Bank supports businesses with a range of corporate banking services.
- Investment Banking: The bank offers investment banking solutions, including mergers and acquisitions advisory, capital raising, and corporate finance services to assist businesses in their strategic objectives.
- International Banking: Mashreq Bank facilitates international transactions and trade finance services, enabling businesses to engage in global trade and expand their international presence.
- Credit Cards: The bank provides a variety of credit card options, each tailored to different customer needs and offering rewards.
- Digital Banking: Mashreq Bank offers online and mobile banking services and access a range of financial services conveniently.
- Islamic Banking: Mashreq Bank offers Sharia-compliant banking services through its subsidiary, Mashreq Al Islami, providing customers with Islamic savings accounts, financing solutions, and other Islamic financial products.
- Treasury and Capital Markets: The bank offers treasury and capital markets services, including foreign exchange, fixed income, and derivatives trading, catering to institutional clients' financial needs.
- Insurance Services: Mashreq Bank collaborates with insurance providers to offer customers various insurance products, including life, health, and property insurance.
- Private Banking: The bank provides tailored wealth management and financial solutions to high-net-worth individuals through its private banking division.
Also Read: Moving to Dubai From UK
First Abu Dhabi Bank
First Abu Dhabi Bank (FAB), headquartered in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, is one of the largest and most prominent banking institutions in the Middle East. Established in 2017 through the merger of National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) and First Gulf Bank (FGB), FAB offers a comprehensive range of financial services to individuals, businesses, and institutions. Key services provided by First Abu Dhabi Bank:
- Retail Banking: FAB offers a wide array of retail banking services catering to the financial needs of individual customers.
- Wealth Management: The bank provides wealth management and advisory services, helping customers manage and grow their wealth through investment solutions, asset management, and financial planning.
- Corporate Banking: FAB serves businesses with a comprehensive suite of corporate banking services.
- Investment Banking: The bank offers investment banking services, such as mergers and acquisitions advisory, capital raising, and corporate finance, to assist corporate clients in achieving their strategic goals.
- International Banking: FAB facilitates international trade and transactions, offering trade finance services and foreign exchange solutions to support businesses engaged in global trade.
- Credit Cards: FAB provides a variety of credit card options with various features and rewards, tailored to different customer preferences and needs.
- Digital Banking: The bank offers online and mobile banking services to access a range of financial services conveniently.
- Islamic Banking: FAB has an Islamic banking subsidiary, FAB Islamic, which offers Sharia-compliant banking solutions, including, financing products, investment options, and Islamic savings accounts.
- Treasury and Capital Markets: FAB provides treasury and capital markets services, including foreign exchange trading, fixed income, derivatives, and investment advisory, catering to the needs of institutional clients.
- Insurance Services: The bank collaborates with insurance providers to offer customers various insurance products, including life, health, and property insurance.
In conclusion, the United Arab Emirates features a diverse and thriving banking sector that offers a range of services tailored to meet the unique needs of expatriates living and working in the country. The top 5 banks in the UAE for expatriates, including Emirates NBD, ADCB, Dubai Islamic Bank, Mashreq Bank, and First Abu Dhabi Bank, each offer their own strengths and specializations. Whether it's comprehensive retail banking, innovative digital solutions, or Sharia-compliant banking services, these institutions have consistently demonstrated their commitment to providing top-notch financial services and support to expatriates from around the world.
As the UAE continues to evolve as a global business and cultural hub, these banks remain essential partners for expatriates seeking to manage their finances and seize opportunities in this dynamic and vibrant nation.
- Best Banks in UAE
- Best Area to Live in Dubai with Family
- Best Waterfront Development Projects in Dubai
- Cost of Living in Dubai
- Best Residential Towers in Business Bay
- Things to Know Before Buying Property in Dubai
- Best Residential Buildings in Dubai
- Best Luxury Furniture Stores in Dubai
- Buildings in Downtown Dubai